[mythtv-users] MythArchive menu/playback issues

Ackster ackster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:25:55 UTC 2006

So, I'm on a freshly installed Myth 0.20 gentoo install, and everything
is working great, except for one issue:

When I use MythArchive ( media-plugins/mytharchive-0.20_p11222 ) to
create an ISO (didn't want to waste a DVD until I knew the ISO worked)
of four 30 minutes recordings.  Everything goes fine, but when I mount
the ISO and play it with WinDVD or VLC (for example), or use VLC
directly on the ISO, it works fine up until I select a menu item.  It
just sits there, and the selection box no longer moves.  Looking at the
ISO structure, I see the video files on there fine, but the players will
never play them.  I'll try using a rewritable to test on my Sony DVD player.

I tried the G.A.N.T. and MythCenter theme, same results.  I highlight
the scene I want, and that's all she wrote.

Versions I'm using :

mythburn.py (0.1.20060910-1)
wantIntro: 1, wantMainMenu: 1, wantChapterMenu:1, wantDetailsPage: 1
Final DVD Video format will be ntsc

[ebuild   R   ] media-video/dvdauthor-0.6.11  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/mjpegtools-1.8.0-r1  USE="X dv png quicktime
sdl (-3dnow) -dga -gtk (-mmx) (-sse) -v4l -yv12" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] media-gfx/imagemagick-6.2.9.5-r1  USE="X bzip2 jpeg mpeg
perl png tiff truetype zlib -doc -fpx -graphviz -gs -jbig -jpeg2k -lcms
-nocxx -wmf -xml" 0 kB

Anyone else having this trouble?

-Ackster