[mythtv-users] zap2it guide data wrong in myth, correct in zap2it site?

Mike Grusin mgrusin at flyingcircuits.com
Thu Oct 19 14:57:24 UTC 2006

> ... Myth won't update this Sunday's listings
> until Saturday's mythfilldatabase run, at which time the listings will
> be updated.  Zap2It's web site reflects changes to the listings as
> soon as they are updated by the source, whereas Myth won't update the
> listings until the day before, unless you tell mfd otherwise, which is
> not recommended as it puts an unnecessary strain on the Zap2It servers.
>
>    - Derek

OT, this is interesting to me (that Myth doesn't get changes until the last
minute).  This isn't really a problem since it works and is low bandwidth,
though it occasionally "worries" me when I know something is coming but Myth
doesn't. ;)

I would have thought that Myth and Zap could compare daily hashes or
something and download the days that turn up different (but maybe there are
too many changes and the bandwidth would explode?)

-Mike G.