[mythtv-users] mythfrontend black screen

Kirsten Partyka partyka1 at msu.edu
Thu Oct 19 03:21:50 UTC 2006

I recently enabled the opengl rendering in mythfrontend. Everything
worked wonderfully and it looked great. Then I rebooted my machine.
Now when I launch mythfrontend it prescales the images, then goes
black. Pressing enter allows me to view livetv, so it appears like
everything is still running, I just can't see any of the menus. Do
you think that opengl could be the cause of this?

I guess as a short term fix I would like to go back to Qt rendering
and see if this fixes it, however I don't have the menu layout
memorized enough to do this blindly. Is there some way I can manually
change this setting without having to go through the graphical menus?
Sorry I'm new at this stuff!

I'm running Kubuntu Edgy Eft, and Mythtv .20.

Thanks,

Kirsten