[mythtv-users] Channel Errors

David C. Dean dcdean at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 03:03:28 UTC 2006

My MythTV frontend (which is the same machine as the backend) started
giving me a hard time today.  Whenever I went to watch live tv, it told
me all available tuners were in use.

First I tried killing a pid in the video directory for it.  That didn't
seem to do anything.

Then I tried going into mythsetup, checking all the settings, and
running mythfilldatabase.  The weird thing is, every time I try to leave
mythsetup, it warns me that the Card 0 is set to use channel 2 which
apparently doesn't exist.  Even if I change the setting for that, it
gives me that error.  The last time I did it, it gave that same error,
but twice.

I read somewhere that there is a proper way to exit mythsetup instead of
pressing esc, which will cause this.  Unfortunatly I neither see a
button, nor does it appear that there is anything off-screen that I can
select.  Cycling through the mythsetup options never presents me with an
invisible option.

Has anyone gone through this before?  It happened out-of-the-blue, and
I'm starting to shake without the livetv. :)

 - Dave