[mythtv-users] pcHDTV HD3000 voo doo

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Oct 18 21:37:57 UTC 2006

Yan Seiner wrote:

>> The HD-3000 will handle 8-VSB, QAM-64, QAM-256 and NTSC. It can
>> only tune to one frequency at a time though, and MythTV is limited
>> to one channel at a time per card. To configure it for both digital
>> and analog, configure it as a DVB card and then click on the "Analog
>> Options" button in the card config (this button only shows up for cards
>> like the pcHDTV cards, which have an analog and digital side to them).
>>

>>> The HD3000 will do ATSC  *or*  NTSC but not both at the same time. This
>>> requires unloading and loading of the modules. I have not tried this,
>>>
>> Nope, just load all the cx88 drivers. Recent cx88 drivers have
>> some problems with digital->analog switch, apparently a new
>> "feature" which can be disabled via some module param*, but
>> MythTV retunes as soon as it detects the driver screw up..
>>

> Really... So that is some powerfull voodoo.  :-)
>
> So I can use the HD3000 as both analog and digital.  That is very cool!
>
> I guess what I can do is set up the hd3000 to be the secondary analog
> receiver, after the PVR150. I take it, though, that the analog side is a
> BT878-type non-hardware video capture.

Most importantly, the analog capture done by an HD3000 is done without
any compression or other hardware assistance so your backend has to
handle the encode to disk. This is in complete distinction to the
hardware assist which you get with the PVR cards.
One of the reasons I have never bothered to even try to use analpg c
capture from my HD3000.

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Helping with the HTTP issue