[mythtv-users] Importing recordings from 18.x into 20.x, lessons learned

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 18 18:22:25 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06 11:56, Ackster wrote:

> Thanks for the followup Mike, but I'm no longer having any problems.
> My base name is set fine it seems.

One for the philosophers:  does not noticing issues mean the issues
don't exist?

> My guess is that Myth is somewhere rebuilding the basename on it's
> own, regardless of having to do a db upgrade.
>
> The only fields I have missing by default are :

> Three of those are now set correctly, and the rest don't seem to be
> showstoppers.
>
> Anything else you can think of that might end up being a problem?

Let's just say that you're running in an unsupported configuration...  I
still stand by my recommendation.  Please keep this in mind before
posting questions about "bugs" in MythTV.  :)

On the bright side, though, assuming you don't mark any of the shows to
never autoexpire and/or you manually delete them, you'll eventually be
back to a supported configuration through attrition.

Mike