[mythtv-users] mythtv has one more chance with me (ubuntu edgy eft)

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:51:12 UTC 2006

10/18/06, Dan G <dang at fastmail.fm> wrote:

(several months ago, i was running 0.19 and a kernel update broke
> it.  this mailing list was no help - didn't even get a single
> response.  decided to try again, only to run into this.  please,
> someone help me.  i swear to god, i will never touch mythtv again if
> i can't get this to work...)

Hi Dan,

Mythtv is a complex app -- and developmental. It is particularly good for
those that "like pain."

If you'd like to reduce your frustration, try
Knoppmyth<http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html>
http://www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html. It worked for me, so I immediately
had to try FC 5, and now I'm entirely miserable, and my wife has lost
respect for me, and one year one wonders where Elmo went, but hey -- that's
my choice :)

Knoppmyth, like Ubuntu, is based on Debian. Perhaps some lessons might be
learned by installing Knoppmyth, and reviewing the config files, ver. #s,
etc.