[mythtv-users] Free preview

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Oct 18 12:25:24 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

My cable provider is having a free preview of the Movie Network (Eastern
Canada) this weekend.  But it isn't a normal free preview where they
unencrypt the stream(s) temporarily.  They are creating a separate channel
and running a different (somewhat crummy) schedule from the real feeds.  I
seriously doubt that zap2it will provide program data for this preview.

Is there any way that I can temporarily add channel one to my lineup with no
scheduling data.  I wouldn't mind using manual recordings to choose the
recording times.  The main thing is to convince mythtv that it can tell my
digital cable stbs that they can tune to channel 1 using my ir blasters.

I am still using mythtv 0.19, if this makes a difference.

Mark