[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.2 and Freecom DVB USB

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 11:10:47 UTC 2006

On 10/18/06, Julien Fourgeaud <julien.fourgeaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/18/06, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I successfully managed to get the stick to work under gentoo (v4l
> > > driver/firmware) and it works well under xine.
> > >
> > > However I have been trying to get it work in mythtv-setup without luck.
> > >
> > > I'm running kernel 2.6.17 and recompiled mythtv with dvb enabled as
> > > well as dvb-path pointing at /usr/src/linux/include/
> > >
> > > When I run mythtv-setup "DVB" is missing from the types of cards.
> > >
> > > Julien.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Julien Fourgeaud
> > > Tel FI : +358 445 819 086       Mail FI : julien.fourgeaud at tut.fi
> > >

> > Do you have dvb in your use flags? Do emerge -pv mythtv and check that
> > dvb is there, that the option is missing suggests that support for it
> > was not compiled in.
> >
> > Andy
> >

> Thanks Andy,
>
> htpc mythtv-setup # emerge -pv mythtv
> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p11444  USE="alsa dts dvb dvd
> ieee1394 opengl perl vorbis xvmc -backendonly -crciprec -dbox2 -debug
> -freebox -frontendonly -hdhomerun -ivtv -jack -joystick -lcd -lirc"
> VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -i810 -via" 0 kB
>

> I recompiled with the dvb use flag, as well as unmerging and recompiling again.
> Went as far as modifying the ebuild with the path to the dvb-headers
> from the v4l driver.
> All without any luck.
>
> I checked the compilation process and
>
> This morning I dropped the database and set it up again, hoping it
> would help... well it didn't.
> I still don't have any glimpse of DVB in mythtv-setup.
>
> Jul.

You're using the 0.20 ebuild that is in portage I believe,  there are
newer ebuilds available which include the latest svn versions of myth,
I am using them,  to get the ebuilds you need subversion installed and
then:

cd /usr/local/
svn co http://integralblue.com/svn/repos/mythtv-overlay/
echo 'PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/mythtv-overlay/"' >>/etc/make.conf

Probably need to add the various ebuilds to your package.keywords with
~arch then try emerging mythtv again.

Andy