[mythtv-users] tv_grab_be vs tv_grab_be_tvb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 18 02:21:21 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06 14:31, Peter Bienstman wrote:

>Is there a reason why Mythtv uses tv_grab_be_tvb instead of tv_grab_be?
>
>tv_grab_be is part of xmltv and still seems maintained, whereas tv_grab_be_tvb
>is part of pytvgrab, a lot older, and doesn't install on my system anymore
>(timezone tests failed).
>
>I solved the problem with a symlink of tv_grab_be_tvb to tv_grab_be, but that
>feels like a kludge...

The next release of MythTV will probably have support for
tv_find_grabbers*, thanks to Stuart Morgan, so you'll be able to use any
XMLTV grabber (even ones released after a specific version of MythTV).

*This is not a promise--it may be a couple of releases in the future.
Stuart has been working with the XMLTV devs, and AIUI they still have
some issues to work out before this will become part of Myth.

Mike