[mythtv-users] colour "sharpness" question

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Oct 18 02:17:32 UTC 2006

I am a real new with Myth, and have had almost a year's experience using
another tuner (ATI TV All-In-Wonder) on Windows as the only "TV" I've ever
owned in a long while. I bought a PVR-500MCE kit and a cheapo new box for
it. I have a question about how my colours appear different on my old
machine vs my new machine.

The best way I can describe the difference is that the old picture looks
like video while the new picture looks like film. I don't know if it's the
tuner card, or the video card, or the monitors, or some settings. Since I
was so used to the old machine, the new one is an adjustment, and since
I've never A/B-ed either machine with a regular TV I don't know what's
real.

Can anyone give me an idea of what to look at?