[mythtv-users] Updating MPEG-2 database information after external editing?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:13:47 UTC 2006

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythcommflag#Rebuild_Seektable

Hi Steve,

As I said in my original post:
I've tried running mythcommflag --rebuild, but that makes MythTV think a
30minute show lasts for about 2hours.

The time displayed on the OSD says that my 30minute show lasts "1:54:02",
which is obviously wrong, and the filesize still says "1.31GB", when
actually the edited file is only about 800MB. Which I think might confuse
mytharchive, and also the autoexpire.

I've just tried running mythtranscode --mpeg2, which just does a plain
lossless transcode with no cutting. It updated the time properly, but the
information screen still says "1.31GB".

Jonny