[mythtv-users] "Excellent" transcode isn't so excellent

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 02:44:45 UTC 2006

I too, have failed to get satisfactory results from the "Excellent"
DVD rip setting.

Sometimes the sound is out of sync, sometimes the motion is
blocky/jerky, but my major problem is that the aspect ratio is always
screwed up (probably due to anamorphic encoding on the dvd).   I've
never used myth for movies much, but now I have a fast computer, a
fair amount of disk space, and Netflix (well, actually, my sister in a
non-DMCA country has the fast computer, but I visit her a couple times
a week and always bring my disk array and my latest Netflix titles
with me(forget Netflix anyway, most of DVD titles come from the public
library) ).

THe long and the short of it is that I'm looking to configure myth so
that the "Excellent" DVD rip setting makes at least "fair" rips.