[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun and QAM

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Tue Oct 17 01:13:30 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 20:19 -0400, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
>
>> Is anyone successfully running Mythtv 0.20 (stable svn fixes release)
>> with a HDHomeRun using QAM. I'm on Comcast and I am able to use vlc with
>> the HDHR for viewing. But even with 10/08 HDHR firmware Myth's scanning
>> gets confused, and my attempts to add channels manually end up with
>>
> <snip>
>
>> 2006-10-15 17:23:31.489 HDHRChan(ffffffff/0), Error: dtv_multiplex data
>> is required for tuning
>>
> Did you scan for channels using the scan button in the input
> connections panel in mythtv-setup? It looks like you are trying
> to tune an analog channel...

I see a similar problem on some cable channels here... there are a two
issues...

1) Your cable company isn't broadcasting the channel information as part
of the stream (name, number etc).

2) MythTV setup gets confused and incorrectly adds them as analog channels.

It can be made to work by using VLC to check the channels and then
manually adding the channels to MythTV.

Nick