[mythtv-users] Interlacing question

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Oct 16 22:41:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 09:59 -0500, Sage wrote:
> Thanks for the tips!  My next question is, how do I set xorg up to do
> this?

Google for an NTSC modeline.

You might also want to look at your video driver's documentation.

What you _don't_want_ is a progressive modeline at 59.95 fps. In
this case the driver will probably grab the odd line from one
frame and the even line from a possibly different frame (or do
something else just as bad). This will look ok half the time,
i.e. when MythTV is repeating the frames in sync with the driver,
the other half of the time it will look terrible.

You want MythTV to see your monitor's frame-rate as being about
30 frames per second, not about 60 frames per second.

-- Daniel