[mythtv-users] Help with PVR 500 and ASUS A8V Deluxe (Christian Güdel)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 16 17:10:08 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06 03:43, me at blaue0.net wrote:

>Zitat von Justin Luitjens <luitjens at cs.utah.edu>:
>
>>Here is some more info on the problem.
>>
>>http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=2212
>>
>I've solved my problem by updating the BIOS to the latest (1017)
>revision. This took some time because ASUS doesn't seem to provide a
>working flash utility for DOS.. at least I didn't found anything.

Because the ASUS A8V, like most modern motherboards, has a BIOS flash
utility built into the BIOS (in this case, ASUS EZ Flash BIOS) for those
of us who don't run MS Windows/DOS.  I think it's something like Alt-F2
during POST.  No temp installs/boot disks of broken OS's required.

The times are a changing...  Even GNU/Linux users are getting some
respect from MB manufacturers.

Mike