[mythtv-users] pdatranscode script for watching shows on a PDA

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:03:26 UTC 2006

> I have tried encoding files that have been recorded from DVB and also ones
> recorded from a pvr-250. I'm obviously missing a codec, but which one and
> where can I get it from, I am running 0.20-fixes from svn.
>
> Regards,
> Dave.
Try this line instead of the other mencoder line:
mencoder -vf scale=320:240 -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=0:cbr:br=96 -af
volnorm -srate 32000 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=300 -o
$VIDEODIR/pda/$TITLE-$STARTTIME

Also, try commenting out mencoder and try using the mythtranscode line
(make sure you update you low quality transcode profile).

I'm going to post a new version of the script with new mencoder line.
It uses XVID instead of MPEG4.  This seems to have better audio sync.

Jeff