[mythtv-users] power off and on frontend only with remote

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Mon Oct 16 10:52:42 UTC 2006

Wade Maxfield wrote:
>> The config to get this going took me a couple of days of careful
>> planning and a lot of reading of the source. I can post more details if
>> anyone's interested - this post is long enough already.
>>

> I'm definitely interested in your setup and tips.  I'm running
> frontend only machine in the bedroom, so any info will be gratefully
> devoured.  8)
Hi Wade,

What I was referring to above relates to the backend config, which
doesn't apply to your frontend. Nevertheless, I am happy to help.Most of
the info you need is essentially in this thread. You need to start
experimenting with:

echo mem > /sys/power/state

to try to put the system into the S3 (suspend-to-ram) state. You may
need to unload kernel modules or kill processes to make this work. Post
how you go to the list, and I (or others) will make some suggestions.

Cheers,
Leighton