[mythtv-users] Resolution / Color Depth questions

M@ msheppard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 00:30:29 UTC 2006

In an effort to get rid of "prebuffering pause" problems, I'm trying to tune
screen resolution.

I found a probably bad way to change my resolution: I deleted "1024x768" and
"800x600" lines in the XF86Config-4 file

I wish I knew how to change it dynamically, so I could possibly change it
back to 1024x768 to display pictures.

After doing I don't get the prebuffering pause problems - but the framerate
still seems really crappy - I think it's around 30 (That's what outputs in
the console when I'm watching TV, stuff like fps = 29.99

The system is a 1.8G P4 with 512M of ram, using the Haupauge 500 card, I
thought it would be plenty powerful for a mythbox.

A good primer on GDM configuration or MYTHTV tips for increasing framerate
would be great.

Any pointers on where to look for tuning information would be awsome - I'm
kinda burned out on looking for resources for this - probably a dimension to
my problem is lack of LINUX skilz.

M@