[mythtv-users] MythFrontend not working

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Oct 15 20:38:35 UTC 2006

Silly Dude wrote:
> Duhhh ok scrtch that.
>
> Now frommy remote frontend I DO get the listings
> But Live TV still doesnt work
>
> I CAn connect to MythWEB and get all the tv listings there as well now
> from my remote frontend

That's good.  What method are you using to mount the directory on the
frontend?  NFS, CIFS/Samba?  If you don't mount anything then it will
use the MythTV streaming method which might work well for you as a test
since you're having permissions problems on your mount.

Also, I would try scheduling a recording on the backend and viewing it
on the frontend as a first test since that tests both playback and
recording where you might be having a recording problem that using
LiveTV makes harder to diagnose.  Remember, get it all working on your
backend/frontend combo first and then the remote should just work
(assuming all the mounting/permissions are right).

Kevin