[mythtv-users] Minimum front end specs.....

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 17:47:46 UTC 2006

I've run MythTV on a 400Mhz system using a PVR-350 to take the video
encoding load off of the CPU.

In theory, I believe most video cards that support XvMC may be able to do
the same, although I don't have any firsthand experience with that.  Can any
one else comfirm or comment?

The PVR-350 is not supported on MythTV 0.20, but the concept is not
restricted to the PVR-350.  If you can offload the video processing from the
CPU, then a slow CPU is acceptable since it doesn't have to do much.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com