[mythtv-users] recordings cut off early especially when, watching recoding in progress

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Oct 14 20:32:34 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 16:00 +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 14/10/06, McNally <mcnallychris at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Nick, thanks for the message. I will update ivtv to 0.7.1 as you suggest
> > since it does fix a DMA error.
> > I should have some opportunity to test it this weekend. Meanwhile I did make
> > this change:
> >
> > MythTV Front end setup
> > changed it to libmpeg2 (might be faster on some AMD processors)
> Note that making this change will stop the Internal media player from
> playing many non-MPEG2 media files. The standard decoder is based on
> ffmpeg which supports many other media formats in addition to MPEG2.

Using libmpeg2 shouldn't break the playing of any non-MPEG2 formats,
AVFormatDecoder is smart enough to revert to the standard ffmpeg
decoder if libmpeg2 can't handle the format. libmpeg2 does wacky
things sometimes when playing MPEG2 files, for instance it only
partially decodes a frame if it doesn't think it has time to fully
decode it. But on 32-bit AMD processors it does appear to be faster.

-- Daniel