[mythtv-users] Cannot drop mythconverg

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:47:49 UTC 2006

On 14/10/06, Fedor Pikus <fpikus at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a disk failure in my myth box, and the filesystem was damaged. I
> have backups of mysql database, but I need to drop the existing one
> first. But here's the problem: when I do "drop database mythconverg;"
> mysql hangs. How can I force the database to go away?

Run mysqlcheck (or the /contrib optimise_mythdb.pl script) and then
try again - perhaps the database needs to be sanitised properly before
you can cleanly access it. If this doesn't work, you could try
removing the database directly (from disk) or even remove MySQL and
then reinstall it.

Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/