[mythtv-users] Total system crash when going to EPG from LiveTV (orvice-versa)

Matthias Thyroff lists at Thyroff.net
Fri Oct 13 14:51:41 UTC 2006

> Okay, so I've had my first EPG crash since updating to the 8774
> driver using the nvidia-glx package found in the repo listed in the
> ubuntu forums thread. So, other options are still needed.

Hi Michael,

yesterday I also had a crash as the one that bugs you: Entering the EPG
from live tv, it painted like 3cm or so of the EPG screen on top of the
screen and crashed; after a short while the system fans got faster as
if cpu was in some kind of loop running hot. An open ssh session to the
frontend was dead. A hard shutdown was necessary.

So even with the updated driver it happens, but before, using the
ubuntu nvidia packages, it happened in a 100% of the cases (either
entering or leaving EPG), now it just happens occasionally.

I wonder if there is somebody else experiencing this.

What are your settings in nvidia-settings? I noticed that my X.org cpu
usage is pretty high (15%-20% on a 2GHz PIV with PCI nvidia card - hm,
what is your video card?) when watching tv, I thought I had fixed this
by modifying th vsync setting, if I remember well; I have to find the
postings regarding this and check again.

Cheers

	Matthias