[mythtv-users] Automatically downloading album cover art

Tim Nichols tnichols at is-design.com
Thu Oct 12 16:52:43 UTC 2006

Sorry if you get this twice, the first time didn't seem to show up.
Also, I updated the script slightly to skip directories that already
have album art downloaded.

I've written the attached script to automatically download album cover
art.  This is similar to Brad DerManouelian's albumart.pl, but it uses
id3info and ogginfo to extract artist and album name so that there is no
dependency on file structure.  You need to have Paul Stuttard's
amazon.pl, vorbis-tools (ogginfo), and id3lib (id3info) installed for it
to function correctly.

It currently only works for mp3 and ogg files as that is all that I have
personally.

To install, put the script in your path somewhere (/usr/local/bin).
Then run it with your base music directory as a parameter:

 example:

  albuminfo.sh /var/music

Hope this is helpful....

Tim Nichols