[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend .20 on a Intel Mini (using osxpackager.pl)

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 23:07:36 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Kevin Metz <kbmetz at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've seen a few postings on the Wiki about how to get myth-frontend
> configured on a Intel mini running OSX. After several tries it finally
> compiled and runs. I was SO happy. Everything looks fine, but when I view
> live TV, or when I go to view a recorded program the video is toast. I can
> hear the sound, but there's like 5 little rectangles across the top all
> playing what seems to be the video, and the rest of the screen just looks
> like weird static or something. So I'm guessing its just something weird
> about some resolution thing or something. I've really no idea what it could
> be.

You need to turn on the "Use Vector-enhanced color space conversion"
in the Mac OS video settings screen  (in the theme I'm using, that's
under: Setup->Setup->TV Settings->Playback).

That turns on the MMX/SSE accelerated colorspace conversion, which
improves playback performance.   With non-mmx builds, it will work
without this enabled.