[mythtv-users] Need advice on gentoo USE flags for mythtv

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 11 18:41:05 UTC 2006

Carl Youngblood wrote:
> Can anyone give me a good head start on which gentoo USE flags I
> should enable for mythtv?  I'm new to gentoo and there are a ton of
> flags and I'm not sure which ones to use.

This works for me on an Athlon 64 box with nVidia video:

USE="session pcre posix mmx mmxext sse 3dnow 3dnowext -gnome qt kde dvd dvdread
alsa cdr acpi mysql -ldap xinerama lirc nvidia xvmc mad a52 vorbis toolame
oggvorbis aac mjpeg xvid xv dts examples ieee1394 apache2 threads win32codecs
x264 edl oss mp3 xml live stream httpd jack ipod nsplugin"

Many of these come into play with other non-MythTV apps that are useful to
have, or with hardware (such as the iPod) that you might not have, but building
in extra support won't (usually) hurt anything.

  _/_