[mythtv-users] MythArchive problems

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Wed Oct 11 15:22:48 UTC 2006

Ron Burkey wrote:
> A problem with MythArchive has suddenly popped up as follows:  I was
> in the midst of exporting recordings to DVD when the computer
> rebooted.  (I think I may have jostled the power cable.)  After the
> computer rebooted, I tried to restart exporting the recordings to
> DVD.  However, instead of giving me any of the normal screens that
> allow selection of the recordings, SP vs. LP, etc., it just jumps
> right back into the screen that shows the progress of the DVD
> creation.  (The screen that shows CANCEL, UPDATE, and EXIT at the
> bottom.)  What's on this status screen is, as far as I can tell,
> exactly what it showed just before the computer rebooted, but without
> running the program that the status screen says is running (ffmpeg, I
> think).  However, even if I CANCEL or EXIT (or even reboot the
> computer) this status screen shows up every time I try to export to
> DVD (or to a "native archive").  Help!
I'm pretty sure if you delete everything in the MythArchive temporary
directory (as configured in the settings), this problem will be fixed.

> Another problem I was having before that is that even though I tell
> MythArchive I want to use SP quality on a single-layer DVD, it uses
> some really awful quality.  (90 minutes of video comes out as 300-400
> megabytes.)  What could be causing this?
I've just fixed this myself tonight thanks to some advice on this list
(see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/230458).

You need to add a "k" or three more zeros to the "-b" options in the
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/encoder_profiles/* files.

Leighton