[mythtv-users] Information/Recommendations on a new MythTV

David Rudder drig at noses.org
Wed Oct 11 14:21:23 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 09:13 -0500, Timothy Chartier wrote:
> > > Another question I have is I read
> > > that XFS is one of the prefered filesystem type for MythTV and
> > > EXT2 and ReiserFS both should be avoided. As my current FS is
> > > ReiserFS is this a big problem?
> >

> Can anyone explane the reasoning behind EXT2 and ReiserFS being "not prefered" filesystems? Is it because they are slower on access or don't store large files well? Thanks.

EXT2 isn't a journaling file system.  Waiting for fsck to complete while
you're missing the Buffy marathon sucks!

I've had data integrity issues with ReiserFS, but that was years ago.  I
hear it's too slow for MythTV, but I'm not sure exactly why.  Also,isn't
Hans Reiser taking a mandatory vacation from working on his FS right
now?

-Dave