[mythtv-users] Firewire Again - new Laptop

Greg Oliver greg.oliver at cistera.com
Wed Oct 11 00:45:11 UTC 2006

I have posted a few times to the list regarding firewire from a 6200.  I
previously had a Dell with a "limited functionality" firewire port that
would capture, but sporadically.  My new dell has a Ricoh based firewire
chip in it which is not listed in the database at all.

My question is this (before I go buy a new PC)

Has anyone used any of the laptop Express cards out there successfully
and if so, which models worked for you?  I do not have PCMCIA/Cardbus as
an option on this laptop.

TIA

-Greg