[mythtv-users] Ratpoison on dedicated frontend

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 22:41:14 UTC 2006

> Thanks for the info guys. I will play around with it. In the meantime, I
> simply started the frontend from command line while running ratpoison wm,
> and it turns out I still get the pauses. As it turns out the pauses don't
> seem to be some buffering but more like dropped frames. The amount dropped
> is always less than a second and happens at random intervals.
>
> Any ideas what might be the source since running ratpoison hasn't seemed to
> improve it?

I had something like this once - my playback was all stop/start with
the sound seeming to run too fast compared to the video. I fixed it by
making sure I turned off arts in KDE and turn off "Use video as time
base" in the playback settings.

Not sure if that's the same problem as your's but maybe give it a shot.

Regards,
Phill