[mythtv-users] no "make dist"? how to make a distribution tarball?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Oct 10 18:45:42 UTC 2006

I want to roll a 20-fixes RPM for my local installation from SVN's
release-0-20-fixes branch.  I can't see a "make dist" target though.
How does one normally make distribution tarballs of Myth?  Simply make
distclean and tar up the tree?  That would include .svn subdirs and such
though, no?  Surely the release engineering must be simpler?

Cheers,
b.

Brian J. Murrell