No subject

Mon Oct 2 07:03:28 UTC 2006

To join two or more video files into one, do this:
$mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -idx -o whole.avi part1.avi part2.avi

This will only work if the video contained in the files have the same
resolution and use the same codec. Of course, this works for any file
format that MPlayer can play, not just AVI files.

I think you can do something similar by using mplayer to sequentially
play the two files and stream the output to a joined file. I can't
remember the command, but man mplayer should tell you more.