[mythtv-users] Total system crash when going to EPG from LiveTV (or vice-versa)

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:02:03 UTC 2006

When entering or leaving the EPG from LiveTV, I estimate I have about 20%
odds of the whole system crashing. It happens mid-refresh, with half the
screen showing a frame of LiveTV and the other half showing the EPG. No
keyboard or mouse input is accepted and the only way to get the machine back
is to power it down and restart it. Also, the database has to be repaired
afterword to make LiveTV work again. This started happening when I upgraded
to 0.20. I was previously running pre-0.20 SVN code that I'd compiled myself
without any problems. Here's the background on the box:

Athlon XP 2200+
512 megs of ram
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
20 gig OS hard disk
2x250 ATA133 disks in LVM for media
Ubuntu Dapper Drake
Mario L's (superm1's) 0.20 packages
nvidia X11 driver

I am not using XvMC because I don't have any HD content to deal with. I'd
like to know if anyone else has been experiencing, especially anyone using
Ubuntu but not running superm1's packages, and anyone that isn't using
Ubuntu at all.

Also, of course, if anyone has a solution that would be great too.

cheers
Mike