[mythtv-users] Xbox frontend - what features do I need

rym002 at aim.com rym002 at aim.com
Mon Oct 9 23:00:39 UTC 2006

 -----Original Message-----
 From: philledwards at gmail.com
 To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
 Sent: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 6:44 PM
 Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Xbox frontend - what features do I need

  > I use fedora with the xbox-linux patches applied to the kernel

> (2.6.12-1.1456_FC4).  In the kernel config file I have removed building all

> modules that I don't foresee needing e.g. Serial Devices, USB 2.0 etc. I

> have also applied the fbsplash patch to the kernel to allow graphics during

> the boot instead of the text console. For Mythtv I use the rpms from atrpms

> and other fedora repositories. This setup works well, I even have mythphone

> running with a Logitech webcam and the spca5xx drivers . I also have

> LCDProc/mythlcd running with a X3LCD and a patch i wrote for LCDProc. My

> system mounts root over nfs but could run using a fatx loopback device. I

> run the root over nfs to make life easier  for upgrades due to the hardware

> limitations of the xbox. This has been working well for me since .18. I have

> run xine and mplayer with no issues and currently have all plugins installed

> from atrpms on the xbox except mythweb.

Is "fedora with the xbox-linux patches" the same thing as XFedora? I

looked at using that but decided not to go ahead because it seemed to

say that it was going to trash the whole of E:\ which I didn't want.

Is it possible to make it use only part of E:\?

Would it be possible to make your install available over bittorrent as

an E:\ image (much like the xebian E:\ images)? I think a few of us

would like to give it a go.

Regards,

Phill

mythtv-users at mythtv.org

I did not use the install script/cd since I am using root over NFS and my DVD drive in the XBOX

works when it feels like. I will look into making the image available

as an E:\ image or it may be better for me to provide some

documentation on how to make your own image so youre not tied into having anything you dont want from my setup. I am limited on time this week (so far), but I will put together something.

Thanks

Ray

?