[mythtv-users] HP Thin Client as Frontend

Ben Dash ben_dash at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 21:18:53 UTC 2006

--- Marvin Match <match at ece.utah.edu> wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2006 at 19:26, Ben Dash wrote:
> > --- Marvin Match wrote:
> > > I can't answer that because I don't have a
> Citrix
> > > server. If I had to guess, I would bet
> > > that it could.
> >
> > I would be amazed if it could, I would seriously
> doubt
> > that it was possible.
>
> Fair 'nuff. I'm not interested in running Citrix
> anyway.
>
> >  If you want to go the thin
> > client way why not simply PXE boot a Nano ITX
> board.
> > It's probably smaller than those HP thin clients
> and
> > certainly cheaper.
>
> Well, not cheaper than the $26 I paid for the first
> Neoware E100, or the $6 I paid for
> the next 3. And the entire box is 8 1/2" x 11" and
> 2" thick.

Haha - okay, not cheaper then, but certainly smaller:

http://images.google.com/images?q=ebox%203800

I believe that you can get them for $238:

http://www.wdlsystems.com/modperl/view_services.cgi?r=detail&prod_num=1EBOXSL&aisle_id=799

I haven't tried this eBox 3800 thing yet, but it looks
VERY promising to me.

Good luck

Ben

|Ben Dash                                           |
|Ask free questions - http://bensqanda.blogspot.com |
|My Blog -    http://bensdailythoughts.blogspot.com |
|Info -  http://bensinformationstation.blogspot.com |
|Workouts -        http://bensworkouts.blogspot.com |