[mythtv-users] A weird "ghosted gui text" bug

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 9 19:45:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 10:28:18AM -0400, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> 	In addition to the OpenGL problem I posted about In my FC5+ATRPMS
> 0.20 install, I've now got another one.  When I first set up the box using
> the QT GUI, it seemed to work fine.  Now that it's my "production" box, it
> decided to weird out on me.  The text on the mythfrontend screen has a
> weird color artifact going on.  It's like the foreground (i.e. text)
> colors are inverted.  Sorta black with white borders on the text.  Almost
> impossible to read.
>
> 	As I mentioned in my other post, I've got an Nvidia 5600 card in
> it using binary drivers.  I cannot use the GL GUI because it "goes black"
> when it loads up.

you didn't mention that you were using (or thought you were using) the
closed source "nvidia" drivers. In that case see my response to your
other post, that you must be micing "nvidia" and "nv" together.

Make sure you have installed both nvidia-graphicsXXXX and
nvidia-graphicsXXXX-kmdl, perhaps you only installed the latter? Also
if you have multiple versions of nvidia use nvidia-graphics-switch to
settle on one.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net