[mythtv-users] Problem with live TV since upgrading to 0.20

Toby Smith toby.oikade at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 9 19:23:15 UTC 2006

On 19/09/06, Simon Dyson <sdyson at themaelstrom.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your time Juan. Hopefully I will eventually get to the bottom
> of it. Would certainly love to hear if some other users with a Nova-T
> card are running 0.20 in the UK and can watch channel 4 without problem.

It's taken a while to spot this, but I'm also experiencing problems
with C4 DVB in UK. In my case I'd probably generalise out to all of
Multiplex 2 ( ITV1, Channel 4, ITV2, ITV3, More4, E4, ITV4 and a few
others I don't watch). I have one internal Twinhan card and one Nova-T
USB. I seem to get the problem on both tuners though.

Initially I had my default recording profile set to record "TV Only"
for size. Under this setting I seem to be able to get the recordings,
and they produce files of a suitable size, but I can't play them back
- both video and audio appear for about 1 or 2 seconds, then crash
mythfrontend.

I did initially suspect my Via XvMC decoding, but the same crash
happens through software decoding too.

I changed the default recording profile to record 'Normal' - including
the interactive data. In this case the recordings can be played almost
OK. Unfortunately they're very choppy under via XvMC and have one
pause every 10 seconds under software decoding. That's probably
related to the power of my mini-itx machine, but other channel
recordings are fine under XvMC which is the state I'd like to get back
to.

Recording from other channels under either profile is OK - recordings
replay fine under Via xVMC no problem.

Live TV on the same channels produces a similar problem, in that the
frontend also crashes. That is a little odd consider I'd assume this
was effectively recording and playback of the full 'Normal' stream,
which it otherwise handles without crashing.

The only faint hint in the logs is a mention of "Parser not found for
Codec Id: 94212" which seems to also appear in the other logs posted
in this thread.

Did anybody else find any more information / pointers , or perhaps
even a reason?

--
Toby Smith -=- At Home