[mythtv-users] nuvexport manual - now on official wiki

Mike Hoehn bit at birnehh.shacknet.nu
Mon Oct 9 18:32:02 UTC 2006

Christopher:

> if you get to the list of encode options and they're all
> disabled, i'd say
> there's no point trying to figure out the errors. probably
> because the copy
> of ffmpeg you have has all the options disabled for whatever
> reason (was it
> from a package?) try find a newer package. err.. guess i'm
> not much help...

Of course I don't expect all options to be enabled, because I haven't
installed everything. But at least xvid and MP3 should work. I thought
the error messages nuvexport gives me might be the problem. But I don't
know that much about perl. So I have no idea what the reason is...

> what distro are you using? there might be a transcode package for it
> somewhere, saves compiling frustrations. i got exactly the
> same message when
> i tried :o(

I'm using Slackware 10.1. Unfortunately there are no precompiled
packages. But ffmpeg seems to be working. I could at least use MP3
encoding, when running it manually. I don't remember if I tried it with
Xvid, too. It's been a bit late yesterday...

I will try it (again) in a few days to see if ffmpeg alone works.
Perhaps I could forget about nuvexport and try other ways of converting
videos...

Anyway, right now real-life needs my attention. :)

  Mike