[mythtv-users] No Upcoming Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 9 17:33:17 UTC 2006

On 10/09/06 07:26, James Pifer wrote:

>>>I also get no errors in the backend log or in the terminal running the
>>>frontend. Any other suggestions?
>>>
>>Depending on what all got upgraded you may want to repeat the above
>>after deleting all your capture cards, too.
>>
>I'm using 0.20 and the old machine was 0.20. Both FC5 and close versions
>of mythtv. When I deleted everything I did delete the capture cards as
>well.

Specifically, I meant if your capture card drivers were upgraded (or you
changed capture cards or something), you may need to delete capture
cards.  This is actually the most common reason for people to experience
this issue after an upgrade from 0.19 to 0.20 (because their ivtv
drivers were upgraded).

>Maybe I didn't do something correctly?
>
>I deleted my capture cards, videos sources, basically everything.

Correct--iff done with "Delete All" for both the capture cards and video
sources (and for the capture cards, it must be /all/ capture cards, not
just capture cards on this host).

>I then exited out of mythtv-setup.

Not technically necessary, but can't hurt to make sure things are
actually deleted.

>I then wen back in and started by readding the capture cards.
>Then I added my Video source.

Perfect.

>Then I added the source to the inputs and had the inputs get the
>channels from the video source.

Correct--if you connected them properly and if there were no
"carryovers" from the old configuration (i.e. from not using "Delete
All" for both).

>All of this went without a hitch, yet I still have nothing in Upcoming
>Recordings. Not only are my old schedules not there, but any new ones I
>try to add do not work either. I get no errors that I can find
>anywhere.
>
>I can watch live TV and hit the record button and record, so that part
>works fine.

Sounds like the behavior you would get from having improperly configured
input connections (possibly because of a carry-over from the old
configuration that's only cleaned out with Delete All).

>Anything I missed in what I did? Anything I could look at in the
>database that could help me? What about running something in debug, is
>that an option?

Please try following my more-complete instructions this time and if it
doesn't work, we'll look at the DB.

Mike