[mythtv-users] Internal DVD player quits frontend or drops back to DVD menu.

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:01:39 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, Michael Jones <m_g_j at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
>  I checked the region.. It is set correctly.  Any other ideas?
>  - Michael

On a *very* damaged disc, I had that problem.  Myth's Internal player
would have a problem decoding some damaged data, and give up.

I ended up using mplayer to watch that movie.  With mplayer, I had to
endure a significant amount of "macro blocking" or "pixelization" or
what ever you want to call it.  But, it did not give up on the errors,
it just powered it's way through.