[mythtv-users] Does 0.20 take a beefier machine?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Oct 9 16:40:51 UTC 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Chris Moewes-Bystrom wrote:

> This makes me wonder about the menuns. IIRC, under .19 the menus just
> snapped (visually) from one to the next and now there is a fade from
> one to the next. Was this a visual enhancement that is part of .20? Or
> is my memory faulty. What sets that fade time if it is there and can
> it be changed to be like I remember it was?

It's an enhancement to .20 to optionally use OpenGL transitions
between menus. There will be more OpenGL treats like this in future
versions as more of the GUI is moved over to OpenGL. To enjoy these
new cool effects, get yourself an nvidia card. Search the archives if
you need help deciding which one to get. Out of curiosity, which card
do you currently have? Maybe it's just a matter of getting the right
drivers installed.