[mythtv-users] nuvexport ffmpeg "floating point exception"

Christopher Friend christopher_friend at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 16:03:55 UTC 2006

>>Using --transcode the DVD option is disabled. What am I missing to export
>>to DVD with transcode?
>>
>>This definitely appears to be an ffmpeg problem, not a nuvexport problem,
>>as it happens when I manually run the ffmpeg commands from "nuvexport
>>--debug". I even tried playing with them a bit, to encode the .nuv (they
>>are files from 0.18) directly rather than through mythtranscode, with the
>>same result.

right well personally i'd forget about ffmpeg and try and look for a
transcode package with the dvd option enabled. you can try compiling it from
source if needed, available at http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode
and there's a decent mailing list there too if you need any help (they
helped me out with a stupid obvious problem a couple days ago). scour google
for every transcode package you can get (what distro you using?). on the
plus side they should be a lil better quality than ffmpeg transcoded ones.

if you need any help with the best settings for avidemux then lemme know, i
spent weeks figuring out how to set it up properly but the quality ain't too
bad now. actually i think it uses ffmpeg to encode stuff, which is why i
prefer avidemux/transcode but if you're using ffmpeg anyway then it wouldn't
be too much different.

Christopher