[mythtv-users] All my DVB Cards have broken!!!

Paul Wheeler paulrwheeler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 11:09:37 UTC 2006

On 10/9/06, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/06, Paul Wheeler <paulrwheeler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I saw this and then thought, hmm does he have 771s. Then read lower
> > down that you do. Are you subscribed to linux-dvb mailing list? If so
> > you will be able to search and find my posts on this problem. (if not
> > there is an archive somewhere). The key question is do you still get
> > the readreg errors occuring. If not then I cant help you. If you do
> > then read my posts, the short of it is buy some other cards if you
> > cant get rid of the readreg errors by tinkering with your hardware.
> >

> Heheh, thanks Paul, but three cards at about $150 each is too much to
> just replace, when this is the first time it has happened in about 2
> years of solid usage.  I have heard many people have complaints with
> the 771's, but I have found them to be brilliant.
>
> Anyways, is it possible for you to provide me with a specific link to
> the linux-dvb archive with your posts?  I did a quick search but
> didn't come up with anything.

If you are still getting the read reg errors then this may be your
only option. Unfortunately google mail is too good and i have the
linux dvb list archived in my mail. A search for readreg and avermedia
771 should turn the things up, failing that search for my email
address. Might want to try google searching the site rather than the
linux-dvb search. Are you still getting the readreg errors? (if you
are it will do everything apart from load the frontend do a grep on
dmesg for frontend)

Paul