[mythtv-users] Picture Quality...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 9 01:43:43 UTC 2006

On Oct 8, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Andy Speagle wrote:

> Well... it's like... horizontal "lines"... or perhaps...
> "bands".... that are mostly horizontal... with a slight uphill to
> the right side... not sure what to call them... just looks sorta
> like an old TV from the 70's or something...

Sounds like perhaps retrace lines? What sort of monitor are you
watching this on?

You might try watching a recording on a computer screen to try and
find out if the problem is in the recording or in the display output
of your machine.

> I was just wondering perhaps if I don't have a setting right...
> since it's coming in on my PVR-350/500's... and being converted
> into digital ... going out on my 6800GS via DVI to the HDMI
> interface on my TV... blah blah
>
> Just weird... I was thinking that the PVR-350/500's would afford
> better quality....

The PVRs should be more or less equal to most TV tuners, sounds like
you have a problem, and since a "picture's worth a thousand words" an
image would really help in figuring out what ti is.