[mythtv-users] Picture Quality...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Oct 8 22:58:03 UTC 2006

On Oct 8, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Andy Speagle wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Why does my picture look so much better when I have the cable
> plugged directly into the TV... rather than getting the signal from
> my Myth box?  I'm not talking about signal quality... I mean the
> weird lines that are in the picture... Is there some magic I need
> to be aware of in video settings that will make this look like it
> does when I'm watching it directly via the cable?

"Weird Lines" is pretty ambiguous, could you be more specific?
Possibly even post a link to a still frame or short clip?

Your problem could be anything from incorrect tuning due to the wrong
frequency table to some sort of internal interference inside your
box. Could be problems with the capture or the playback, you need to
get the problem narrowed down a bit.

But it is not normal. Somebody who doesn't know what to look for as
far as mpeg artifacts should not be able to tell the difference from
your direct cable signal to Myth's reproduction of it.