[mythtv-users] From recording to DVD - some questions

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Sat Oct 7 06:47:52 UTC 2006

Howdy

Tomorrow I am recording our local Bathurst 1000 motorsport race from 7am
to 6pm. I would like to burn this when done to DVD. I have a few
questions though on what I want to do.

The race actually starts at 10:00am so when the time comes to create the
DVD I would like to shorten the recording, possibly on both ends
depending on what actual time the race ends, as well as cut all the
adverts out. Can this be done?

I would also like to send a copy to a friend of mine in the US. Down
here in Aus we have PAL so the would mean converting it to NTSC for one
copy. Can his be done?

Hoping someone can help

Cheers
Bruce