[mythtv-users] Trouble with nvidia

Josh Fallon thegeek at thegeek.com
Sat Oct 7 04:55:25 UTC 2006

Hey Guys,

            I have been using Myth .19 for a while now, and when .20 came
out I went to start fresh with a clean fedora install.  Previously I was
using the Mythdora package, but that caused some problems during the
install.  I started following the directions from:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php (Fedora Myth(TV)ology:)

Everything was working great after the initial steps, but immediately after
installing the ivtv packages with yum, X11 would no longer start up.  I
tested this a couple times to make sure I wasn't doing anything too foolish,
and I got with the same results.  Any suggestions at all would be great.  I
have no idea where to start.  Errors are that the glx module doesn't load,
however, this hasn't changed from before I installed ivtv.  The offending
lines are:

dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so: undefined symbol:
_nv001205gl

(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so

(EE) Failed to load module "glx" (loader failed, 7)

Thanks for any help.

--TheGeek