[mythtv-users] HP Thin Client as Frontend

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Fri Oct 6 22:51:18 UTC 2006

Greg wrote:
> The HP hasn't been released yet by the looks of it, but it is very small and
> has a low power consumption, you can also buy an addon module to add a PCI
> card, which would sort out the video out problem. As you say Epia may be the
> better/more flexible option.

I can vouch that HP's thin clients have worked well for me in the past -
I use them at work for a Citrix-based application.  I'm using their
bottom-end model (128MB flash, even less RAM).  Works well for what it
does, but this not multimedia in any way.

Still, I'm always looking for better front-end boxes - if the price gets
low enough I'll probably set up another one for the kids to reduce TV
contention...