[mythtv-users] CLI Mythtranscode: How do I select Low Quality profile?

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:16:32 UTC 2006

On 10/6/06, Jeff volckaert <jvolckaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to create a user job script to transcode a show to an AVI
> format for my PocketPC.  I setup the Low Quality transcoder to do
> 320x240 300K mpeg4.  How do I tell Mythtranscode from the CLI to use
> this?  I checked mythtranscode --help and I think I need the profile
> number, but how do I know which number is Low Quality?

You can find your current transcode profile settings by running the SQL command:
mysql> select r.* from recordingprofiles r,profilegroups p where
p.name='Transcoders' and p.id=r.profilegroup;

This should give you something that looks like this:
+----+----------------+------------+------------+--------------+
  | id | name           | videocodec | audiocodec | profilegroup |
  +----+----------------+------------+------------+--------------+
  | 21 | RTjpeg/MPEG4   | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            6 |
  | 22 | MPEG2          | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            6 |
  | 27 | High Quality   | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            6 |
  | 28 | Medium Quality | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            6 |
  | 29 | Low Quality    | MPEG-4     | MP3        |            6 |
  +----+----------------+------------+------------+--------------+
  5 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Most likely you're setup is much the same, meaning that  -p 29 will
give you the Low Quality profile. Make sure you double check your FE,
Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV
Settings -> Recording Profiles -> Transcoders that you've properly set
the parameters you want.

CLI command should look something like this:

$ mythtranscode -i /path/to/1011_20060909190000.nuv -o
/path/to/output/file.avi -l (to enable cutlist) -p 29 (assuming 29 is
your Low Quality Profile) --showprogress (if you want status info)